Mandatory Curbside Services
Starting Saturday, March 21, 2020, Ark Animal Clinic is REQUIRING MANDATORY “Curbside” SERVICES to attempt to decrease interactions and exposure for our clients and staff. This is MANDATORY for everyone’s safety through April 30th or potentially later.
- The front door will be locked and only staff will be allowed into our facility.
- Please notify us by phone, (734) 586-7387, when you arrive in the parking lot for your pet’s appointment.
- One of our Veterinary Assistants/Licensed Veterinary Technicians will call you back and obtain the patient’s history. This is to minimize/eliminate interaction and enforce social distancing.
- They will have you bring your pet to the clinic front door where a staff member will meet you MAINTAINING 6 foot social distancing.
- All cats MUST be in a Carrier. Dogs MUST be on leashes.
- Our staff will be wearing gloves and masks as they handle your pet and for any interaction. The staff will be placing 2 clinic leashes on your pet and after that we ask that you take your leash with you as we place these leashes on your pet. They will be practicing social distancing as well.
- Our staff will take your pet into the clinic for Dr. Pogarch to perform an exam while you wait in your vehicle.
- We will call you back to discuss your pet’s case.
- We will be taking payment over the phone via credit card payments.
- We will notify you when to meet at the front door making sure to maintain appropriate social distancing.
- We will then meet you with your pet and any medications etc. to go home and will give these to you after opening the door. This interaction will be brief as everything will have been discussed and continuing to maintain social distancing.
Pharmacy and Prescription Food Pickup – If you need refills on food or medications, please call ahead. We will be REQUIRING Curbside pickup as well. Clients are to call and notify us when you are here for pickup. Social distancing is to be followed. We will place any medications/food on the Shepherd’s Hook near the clinic door.
Collection of Fecal Sample Lab Specimens – call the clinic when you arrive and we will take payment over the phone, and then will have you place these in the white container by the front door.
Other Plans for Safety
- The clinic front door will be LOCKED as we are performing all services CURBSIDE.
- Based on the recent Executive Order by Governor Whitmer, we are able to perform all services/surgeries for our patients starting 5/29/2020.
- Please do not hesitate to call us to discuss any concerns/questions you have regarding your pet during this time.
- Please limit the number of individuals with your pet to “1” if at all possible.
- If you are feeling sick and have had a sore throat, cough, fever, and/or shortness of breath now or in the past 16 days, please call us to reschedule your appointment. (We will be asking you this when the appointment is scheduled and on the day of your appointment.)
- If you have had any contact with someone suspected of having COVID-19 or diagnosed with it, please call to reschedule your appointment. (We will be asking you this when the appointment is scheduled and on the day of your appointment.)
- We are implementing the 6-foot distance rule.
- We are continuing to disinfect our facility, and will be continuing to disinfect the client areas after every visit.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time. At Ark Animal Clinic, your pet’s health and well-being is of utmost importance. We will strive to continue to provide you and your pet with the best care during this time.
Tara L. Pogarch, DVM